Friday 31 December 2010

The end of a chapter


So the end of yet another year. I must admit the tree and decorations now look a little sad even though our christmas was lovely. I was very pleased with how it went. The presents were all well recieved and only one person was a little under the weather ( youngest daughter but is every year!) Did Santa bring you some nice gifts? I was very spolit and very pleased with all that I received. It can be a little excessive and each year I try to scale it back slightly, although it is only very slightly!

Well 2010 is almost past. How was your year? Mine was eventful and I shall be rather pleased to see it pass, although I am very anxious for 2011.

2010 saw us sunning in Dominican Republic and Greece. Nice family time. A new direction at work after I managed to be one of the chosen few for a very good course. Also two illnesses, a very ill nephew and my mother who was diagnosed with cancer. It's amazing how quickly you change when faced with a life threading illness of someone you love. Thankfully both a now fit and healthy but the experience has left its mark. I was saddened by the behaviour of a loved one whom showed how different we are and I can't help but wonder if this is a sign of things to come in 2011.

So what do you want from 2011? Well I've given it some serious thought. I want to do something kind every day, make more time for the people I care about rather than the people I think I should. I want to get my house in order and be glad for what I have, not covet what I don't. Try hard in my new role at work and enjoy life. Also to embrace new skills, whilst refocusing on the ones vie neglected. In general I just want to be happy!

How about you?

Happy New Year to all x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind, remember we are all friends here.
I love getting your messages, they brighten up my day and will answer any questions as quickly as I possibly can.

Love and lipstick.
X x